Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pregnancy Blues

Anyone who knows me and has seen me in the last 9 months knows that this pregnancy has not been an easy one.  The first 5 months were spent being nauseous 24/7 and throwing up 5-20 times a day, which led to a 5-day hospital stay and a two-month stint with a PICC line in my arm for IV fluids and complete nutrition since I couldn't eat.  I am so thankful to my family and friends who were so supportive in helping with Ellie during those months.  Since about 22 weeks, I've been functional, but vomiting (sorry for too much information) 1-2 times a day, sometimes more, is still a part of my daily routine.  Now, at just about 36 weeks, my blood pressure is way too high for comfort, and my OB has placed me on bed rest for the remainder of Mason's pregnancy.  I'm sure you can imagine how easy that will be with my two year-old beauty running around.  Thankfully, Dave is home 3 days a week and she'll be going to daycare 1 day a week.  That leaves me with 3 more days during the week to figure out how to be on bed rest and take care of a toddler.  Fun stuff.  In the back of my mind, I hope they just induce me early so I can be done with this whole charade.  I am so excited to meet my son, but at the moment, am equally excited just to be done being pregnant.  Forever.  That thought sends me into a tailspin of euphoria.  No more being pregnant?  Forever?  Amazing.  I'll have my two precious babies, wonderful husband, crazy dog, and lots of family around.  What more does a girl need?

No comments:

Post a Comment